Heather Jeffcoat, DPT Discusses "Sex Without Pain" on the "My Pelvic Floor Muscles" YouTube Channel
- Written by Heather Jeffcoat, DPT
- Hits: 57
Heather Jeffcoat was a featured guest on the "myPelvicFloorMuscles" YouTube channel in a wide ranging and informative interview.
Heather believes that rather than normalizing issues that negatively affect sex and pelvic floor health, it is the conversation about the causes and treatments for pelvic floor issues that needs to be normalized, just like when discussing any other body part.
Heather and Jeanice also discus:
- how postpartum issues are too often glossed over as "normal"
- how 75% of women experience unnecessarily painful sex at some point in their lives
- 89% of women reported pain in their first attempt at sex after delivery
- how low estrogen contributes to vaginal dryness
- how assisted delivery procedures often lead to painful sex issues
- the pros and cons of topical estrogen during breast feeding
- and a lot more.
The full video on YouTube is here: