Heather Jeffcoat at Health.com | Sex Positions to Try if Sex Is Painful
- Written by Heather Jeffcoat, DPT
- Hits: 4783
Sex should never hurt, of course. But painful sex is a common enough issue that it actually has a medical name. Dyspareunia, or painful intercourse, is any persistent or recurrent genital pain that occurs before, during, or after penetrative sex, and it may affect 8% to 20% of women according to some studies.
The article and accompanying video details six different sex positions to try if painful sex is an issue:
- Woman on top - allows you to control the pace and depth of penetration
- Spooning - allows the woman to control the depth of a thrust by raising or lowering their leg
- Outercourse - penetration is not necessary to have great, orgasmic sexual experiences
- Doggy style - a great position for women to try if they have pain at "6 o’clock"
- C-spot sensations - lie on your stomach and have your partner approach you from behind, but encourage him to remain still
- Chair twerking - when deeper penetration is what leads to pain, play with positions that allow for shallow penetration
The full article and video are here.