Introducing The Origin Fund - Helping Women in Need
- Written by Heather Jeffcoat, DPT
- 683 Views
Helping Women in Need With Our Community in Mind
The Origin Fund is dedicated to facilitating access to services that address a person’s physical, emotional and medical needs. Our focus is on individuals with pelvic health dysfunctions, and we are dedicated to improving the biopsychosocial aspects of each person as a whole. Through education, outreach and providing access to these services, we can support individuals on their journey to address their pain and dysfunction—linking patients to our network of referrals that provide these services.
The first phase is focused on no-cost pelvic health physical therapy care and outreach for these populations:
- Women with chronic pelvic pain, suspected or confirmed endometriosis
- BIPOC Mothers Fund for pelvic floor dysfunction after delivery
- Transgender pre- and post-operative pelvic health support
- A general fund to support our mission, inlcuding victims of Human Trafficking, pelvic and breast cancer survivors, and others whom the Board agrees fits within our mission.
Later phases will build on providing additional services at no cost related for mental health, surgical costs, lactation support for BIPOC mothers and other ancillary support services. We understand that access to these services are financially limiting and The Origin Fund was born out of creating the opportunity for everyone to access these specialty pelvic health services and beyond.
Heather Jeffcoat, DPT
Founder of Femina PT and The Origin Fund
** This information is for educational purposes only and is not intended to replace the advice of your doctor. **